Corrections to the blogosphere, the consensus, and the world

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Case of the Red-Headed Dwarfs, part 12

Mr. Snapdriver: Now, Mrs. Tasker, you do not deny that on several occasions you drove these dwarfs, a dozen of them, into Mrs. Renton's hall.
Mrs. Tasker: That is so.
Mr. Snapdriver: What was your motive? '
Mrs. Tasker: I wanted to drive the dwarfs into her hall.
Mr. Snapdriver: But why? Can you give me any reason? You will admit it is an unusual occupation.
Mrs. Tasker: Not for me. I've done it all my life.
Mr. Snapdriver: You have driven dwarfs into other ladies' houses?
Mrs. Tasker: Certainly.
Cocklecarrot: Where do you get your supply of dwarfs?
Mrs. Tasker: From an agency. Fudlow and Trivett.
Cocklecarrot: Extraordinary. Most extraordinary.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Followers

Total Pageviews