Corrections to the blogosphere, the consensus, and the world

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Childhood

Some of the mistakes that you make as a child do stick. I was a fast and voracious reader, bleeping over any word (and any subtlety) that got in the way; and today I had a very hard time working out the spellchecker wouldn't give me the right spelling for indefagitable. I had to go to the thesaurus to find that the word was (logically enough) indefatigable and that I'd been spelling (and probably saying) it wrong for some sixty years.
And I'm still not sure how many dids to put in Thuycidididides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is funny...

My problem was in the other direction (still might be) -not knowing how to pronounce the fancy words I read.

What's Rose doing in Shanghai? Congrats btw to Anne on being short-listed - any sigificant transfer of funds from taxpayer to her involved?)

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Followers

Total Pageviews